When is National Brothers Day? National Brothers Day is celebrated on the 24th of May, every year in The United States. The 24th of May is the one day we show our brothers extra gratitude for being awesome-ly annoying – and honoring them on National Brothers Day. So whether your brother is young, old, or somewhere in-between – why not let your brother know how much you appreciate them for National Brothers Day.
National Brothers Day is on the 24th of May
Every year in The United States, National Brothers Day is a recognized holiday, celebrated on the 24th of May. National Brothers Day signifies an honoring of the brothers in our lives, whether it be one or many. Typically a date to celebrate brothers who are born into your family, new-age millennials also celebrate their friends on this day, who are deemed to be “brothers.”
How to Celebrate National Brothers Day
Although there’s no strict-guideline as to how you should celebrate National Brothers Day, doing something special for your brother is usually the common choice. Here we’ve compiled a few ways which you might want to celebrate National Brothers Day:
Let your brother know how much you love him!
Nothing says “I love you” better than actually telling your brother how much you love him. Forget the weirdness and societal norms – don’t forget to express to your bro just how much you appreciate him in your life!
Go on bro’s night out
For those of you who can stay up past 9 pm, I recommend a bro’s night out. Invite some of his close friends, throw him a surprise gathering at the best hotel in your city, and go out on a “no regrets” pub crawl. But make sure you book an Uber before you drink any alcohol! (No drink driving allowed.)
Spend some quality time together
What’s wrong with a little bit of bromance? Nothing is wrong with a bit of bromance! This National Brothers Day, we recommend spending some one-on-one quality time with your bro. Why not book a weekend getaway? Or plan a fishing trip. Who knows, you might want to go big and book an entire family boat trip! Whatever you decide, make him feel special.
Money isn’t everything, it’s the thought that counts too
If you’re not exactly balling with cash (like the majority of us right now) then don’t worry. Money isn’t everything, and it’s the thought that counts. There are other ways you can honor your bro without breaking the bank. Such as:
- Planning a fitness day together
- Spend a day out at the beach
- Host drinks and card games night
- Cook him dinner
- Wash his car
- Plan a catch-up and talk about life
Happy National Brothers Day Quotes
Here are some bro-mantic quotes you could use on your Instagram caption to celebrate National Brothers Day:
1. “Help your brother’s boat across, and your own will reach the shore.” – Hindu Proverb
2. “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
3. “My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, ‘You’re tearing up the grass.’” ‘We’re not raising grass,’ Dad would reply. ‘We’re raising boys.’” – Harmon Kellebrew
4. “Blessed is the servant who loves his brother as much when he is sick and useless as when he is well and can be of service to him. And blessed is he who loves his brother as well when he is afar off as when he is by his side, and who would say nothing behind his back he might not, in love, say before his face.” – St. Francis of Assisi
5. “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.” – Jane Austen
6. “A brother is the best blessing in the world. There is nothing I won’t do for a brother.” – Unknown
7. “It was nice growing up with someone like you – someone to lean on, someone to count on… someone to tell on!” – Unknown
Alternative read: How to Celebrate National Aunties Day
Did you enjoy this article? Subscribe to receive an email every-time we post NEW Content!